Wednesday 21 March 2012

Hanging out with the stars

So arrived in LA and had a few glitches of course, seems like my VISA was compromised and it got declined when arrived at the airport.  I have to order a new card in Australia,  I do have a backup credit card luckily.  

Seems like its hard to get help in the states, I asked for someone to help me carry my stuff and they all looked at me like I was a weirdo.  Its not like I wouldn't have paid but fortunately I am as strong as they come and was able to lug my stuff to where the shuttle was for my hotel.  

After I picked up my rental car, I went to Hollywood blvd and saw the Chinese Theatre, Kodak Theatre (which is basically a 6 story mall) and walked up and down the road and then ended up eating at the Hard Rock Cafe.  I then went home after to get ready to go out, but my body said hell no and I ended up sleeping the night away.  I did start traveling at 2am (EST) in my defense.  

March 21, 2012 

Venice Peer (I'm not mad it was the sun)
Went to Venice Beach in the morning.  The weather seems to be cooler in the morning and then it warms up getting closer to noon, though it was a fantastic day for a walk on the beach.  I started at the Venice Peer as you can see in the photo.  Bad Picture because I was trying to get the beach but the sun was in my eyes. 

Surfers at Venice Peer 
I walked from Venice along the boardwalk to Santa Monica Peer.  Along the way I noticed lots of shops and also interestingly enough quite a few medical marijuana shops with doctors in there that can prescribe it to you.  (No I did not buy any Pot) 

Along the way, I saw where Arnold Schwarzenegger worked out on the beach.  It was from like every movie you have seen where people are working out at the beach.  Its actually a outdoor recreation center!

Arnold's Bio on the wall

Outdoor Gym

As I was walking I met a man and we ended up talking about different places around the world, we exchanged our life stories.  He's actually a millionaire (no joke) he owns 2 Apartment complexes in LA and he owns property in New York, Arizona and Texas as well.  He walks from Venice to Santa Monica everyday.

So after about an hour or so walk I finally arrived at the Santa Monica Peer.
Amusement Park on the Peer

Ate some extremely expensive fruit there and toured the area.  The amusement park was closed so I walked the peer and saw some dolphins jumping in the water also saw that Cirque du Soleil has a large tent on the north side of the peer. 

I then left to go to Universal Studios and Warner Brother Studios and when I pulled up at Universal the wanted $15 + $77 to get into the park.  I decided to forgo getting into these parks as I am too cheap and to be honest, I'm not really that interested in how they make movies.  I like to keep that a suprise and believe everything is reality when watching a movie, ignorance is bliss.  I toured the area and went to Crystal Springs (Griffith Park)  which is a recreation area that is absolutely gorgeous.  People were horseback riding, golfing and biking it is a well maintained mountain area with lush vegetation.  Of course I didn't take pictures because I am slightly retarded and forgot my camera in the car.  But if you'd like to see what is all about go to http://www.laparks.org/dos/parks/facility/griffithPk.htm.

I drove around the area a little bit and decided to go back to the hotel for some R&R and then grab a bite to eat.  

I will add more soon...


 

1 comment:

  1. Universal/WB Studios: you're not missing anything. Consider it $92 well earned, and 4 hours of your life reclaimed.

    ReplyDelete